Sunday, January 6, 2013

Safe arrival



The travel to Rwanda went about as well as any thirty-hour journey could.  Our flights were on time and last night we stepped off the plane into the warm, moist, sweetly scented air of Kigali.  Emmy greeted us; it is a great joy to see my good friend again. 

Alex likes Rwanda and will be keeping his own blog at:

http://rwanda2013.blogspot.com/

Last night Alex and Emmy went to the all night, lively pub across the street to watch Manchester play Arsenal followed by a bar fight by rival fans. 

This morning Alex and I met my friend, Faye, and her husband, Drew, at the Serena Hotel for bunch.  We’ve made the usual trips to Forex for money, MTN and Tigo for cell and internet access.  Faye, Drew, Alex and Emmy will be making a city tour this afternoon, while I unpack about eight huge bags of equipment we’ve brought, or had brought by other volunteers, for the SAFE Course.  Faye will be joining me in posting this blog. 

I’ll try to write more and post some pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment